Entries must be postmarked by or received online by 11:59 PM
April 15, 2023.
Rules and Contest Details
1. Deadline for entry is April 15, 2023. Entries must be either postmarked or received online by that date.
2. Entry Fees:
ASPS Members: $1 per poem.
Non-Members: $5 per poem.
No limit on number of poems whether member or non-member!
3. More than one poem can be submitted in any category, but only one poem per poet may win in a category.
4. The same poem may not be entered into more than one category.
5. Poems cannot have won a monetary award in a previous ASPS contest.
6. Poems cannot have been previously published, including online.
7. The line limit for each category is stated in the contest.
Submit 2 copies of each poem on 8 ½ by 11 paper, using plain type and fonts only.
On each copy, put category name and number in the upper left hand corner.
On one copy only, put your name, address, e-mail, and “member” or “non-member” in the upper right hand corner. (Address labels are acceptable.)
Submissions should be mailed to:
Dargan M. Ware, Contest Chair
2154 Highland Avenue S.
Birmingham, AL 35205
Entries can be submitted at alpoets.org until midnight on April 15
Create the documents as you would to mail, with two copies of each poem
Submit your entries as a single .pdf file.
If you would like a copy of the winners list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the contest chair.
Questions? Complaints? Brilliant poetry-related thoughts? Email the contest chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical difficulties: email@example.com
Specifications for each contest category are found in the CATEGORIES link above.